“Madam President or Hail to the Donald?: The US Presidential Election of 2016”
By Jon Roper, Emeritus Professor of American Studies, Swansea University
On the 4th of October 2016 Jon Roper, Emeritus Professor of American Studies at Swansea University gave a talk on the upcoming 2016 US election. The event was run by the Welsh think tank Gorwel and by the Welsh Political Studies Lecturers and Teachers Society. The master class in politics is also sponsored by Cardiff Sixth Form College
The talk covered:
- The campaign so far: personalities and policies
- The first presidential debate and the final weeks of campaigning
- The impact of the race on Congressional elections
- Election day: key states and the ‘ground game’
- Who will win and why?
- What is in the new President’s in-tray?
Professor Jon Roper provided a detailed analysis on how events are likely to unfold in the closing stages of the campaign and used past trends to tip Clinton to win the presidency.
Pictures show Professor Jon Roper and David Melding AM.
The master class in politics is also sponsored by Cardiff Sixth Form College
Montage image made using Creative Commons licensed images from Flickr ©Copyright: Bill Dickinson, Gage Skidmore and nznationalparty